Good morning,
When you get a chance, please post an introductory note here, as a comment.
Include the basics such as name, hometown, interests, and, in addition, mention your favorite TV shows or any other tidbit you'd like to share.
I'll go first:
Hey, I'm Jack Powers and I'm originally from Cleveland. As for my favorite TV shows, my all-time favorite is The Simpsons. I love that show because of its social satire. I also really enjoy Game of Thrones on HBO. I didn't start watching it until this past summer, but I am blown away by the production values, the writing, the unpredictability, and the complex storytelling. Other shows that I love include, in no particular order, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, 60 Minutes, CBS Sunday Morning, Modern Family, Upper Middle Bogan, Parks & Rec, The Office, etc. It's fair to say that I love television more than any other type of mass media. What else? Oh, I'm a big Cleveland sports fan (this makes my life more difficult than it needs to be). I subscribe to the MLB TV Package and the NBA Package to watch all the Indians' and Cavs' games, and I watch every Browns' game at a local establishment.
Hi, I'm Steven Churchill. I'm from just outside of Albany, New York. My interests include cars and technology, especially Apple. I am good at fixing technology problems and teaching people how to use technology. I really like driving, especially anything fast. My favorite TV show has to be Top Gear because I like cars so much, and I also like The Mentalist. When it comes to TV-R, I really like the technical aspects of TV.
ReplyDeleteHello :) I'm Molly North and I'm from Syracuse, NY. I'm a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults.) I'm also the only one in class with an Android..anyways- I really like musical theatre and stand-up comedy..really just anything that falls under the umbrella of entertainment. My favorite television shows are White Collar, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Master of None, and Friends.
ReplyDeleteHello, I'm Raelyn and I'm from northern New Jersey. I like music, television, and am usually engaged in some sort of media always. Comedy is my favorite genre of television, some of my favorite comedic shows would be 30 Rock, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Portlandia. I also watch a fair share of documentaries, and over the break Making A Murderer was a favorite.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Katie Holzman and I'm from a small town in Massachusetts about 45 minutes outside of Boston. I'm a huge New England sports fan, especially the Bruins and the Patriots; don't try to convince me that Tom Brady isn't equivalent to God because I won't believe you. I love to dance, take pictures, participate in ICTV, and of course indulge in television. My favorite shows include Survivor, Saturday Night Live, and any Shonda Rhimes show.
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Hunter Haff and I was born and raised in Auburn, NY. I really enjoy cars, computers, television, music and sports. The music that I listen to basically consists of all forms of rock and a little bit of hip-hop. I am an Indianapolis Colts fan even though they had a rough season. My favorite shows are Bones, Friends, and How to Get Away with Murder
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Annemarie Lillis and I'm from northern New Jersey. I'm a TVR major and some of my favorite T.V. shows are Lost, Modern Family, and Grey's Anatomy. I also really enjoy theatre, dancing, and singing, but sometimes Netflix takes priority over them.
ReplyDeleteHey! I'm Emily Hammel and I'm from Bethlehem, PA. I play tennis for IC, listen to alternative music, and I love filming all types of videos with my closest friends. TV is definitely my favorite type of media, as I dedicate a lot of time to watching shows. In no particular order, my favorites are: The Blacklist, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Dexter, The Following, Modern Family, The Office, Parks & Rec, Jessica Jones, Suits, American Horror Story, and Daredevil.
ReplyDeleteHello. My name is Cameron Bain, and I’m from Saratoga Springs New York. I enjoy reading books and comics. Some of my favorite are A Song of Ice and Fire, The book series that became Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead. For TV, I like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Survivor, Big Brother, Criminal Minds, NCIS, The Blacklist, Parks and Rec, The Vampire Diaries, The Leftovers, American Horror Story, Revolution, Heroes, Jessica Jones, Daredevil and a couple more I can’t remember. As for odd tidbits, I’m a twin.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Nicole Decrem and I am originally from Westchester, NY. Some things that interest me are music, TV, movies, swimming, wake boarding, and writing. In terms of TVR I would like to explore editing, production, and directing. I don't have a favorite show but I like Greys Anatomy, Friends, Scandal, and Modern Family.
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Josh Vitchkoski. I'm from a fairly small town called Merrimack in NH. My hobbies have grown to include video games, playing saxophone, writing about cinema and other types of storytelling. As a bigger movie fan than TV, I don't watch that many shows nowadays. But my favorite show has been and always will be the early seasons of The Simpsons. Off the top of my head, my other favorite shows include Game of Thrones, Futurama, Breaking Bad and How I Met Your Mother.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Alexa Luciano. I am from Queens, NY, so you can only imagine what a change Ithaca has been for me (but I absolutely love it). I have past experience in writing news for my high school newspaper, so writing for television is a potential dream of mine. Some of my favorite shows include New Girl, Parks and Rec, Friends, House, and Jane the Virgin. Although I am a huge fan of TV, I do love movies. Some of my top favorites include Good Will Hunting, Pretty Woman, The Graduate, and Dirty Dancing.
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Josh Horowitz and I'm from Westchester, NY. I like to watch and play sports in my free time. I am a Jets, Knicks, Rangers and Yankees fan. I also like to play the drums and snowboard. My favorite TV shows are Lost and How I met your mother. My favorite movies are shawshank redemption and slumdog millionaire.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Kaitlyn Gendron and I am from Vestal, New York, so I'm not too far from home! Since I was 15 I knew that I wanted to work at NBC Studios in New York City for either Saturday Night Live or The Tonight Show. I have such a passion for someday being able to reach millions of people and providing them with a program that they can get lost in and forget about their stresses for an hour or two. Other than the formerly mentioned shows some of my favorite series include The Office, Parks and Recreation, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Bates Motel. My list of favorite movies in brief consists of The Breakfast Club, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Lion King, The Goonies, and basically any generic 80's movie. I can't wait to someday be part of a project that is so much bigger than myself and truly be involved in the business! My interests as far as park goes involve me being part of a few ICTV shows and through that I have discovered I really love camera operating, but I would love to get producer and directing experience as well!
ReplyDeleteHey everyone! My names Melissa Birnbaum, but I prefer to be called Missy. I'm from Philadelphia and it's my dream to become a news anchor at 6 abc. I also really enjoy video editing and working in photoshop. Besides those park like activities, I love to sing and attempt to make music. My favorite TV show is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (not because I live there, but because everyone in my building watches it together).
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is Christopher Falci and I am from Long Island NY. My favorite shows include, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Psych, Modern Family, NCIS, One Tree Hill, Garbage Time with Katie Nolan and Friday Night Lights (tv series). Im sure I forgot a few shows in there, but you get the idea. I love watching TV series and can binge watch an entire series in my free time. I also love playing and watching sports. My favorite teams consist of the Mets, Rangers, and Jets. I am not sure what I want to do in TVR yet, I guess the dream job would be working on set of the Walking Dead.
ReplyDeleteHi, I’m Julianne Salemy and I’m from central Jersey. I was a film BFA during the fall semester but recently switched into the BFA for Writing for the Screen, Television, and Emerging Media. My favorite shows these days are Master of None, Mozart in the Jungle, You’re the Worst, Community, and The Daily Show (even though it will never be the same without John). Other interests besides TV and film are writing, reading, painting, hiking and snowboarding.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Chantel Ikotidem. I'm from Flemington located in the very real Central Jersey. My interests include fashion, music, video editing, writing. My favorite TV shows are Criminal Minds, Supernatural, New Girl, The Office, Sirens, and Scrotal Recall.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm Izzy from Providence, RI. I'm an exploratory major leaning towards CMD (concentration in corporate communications), and another unknown minor. But, I really enjoy my television and am curious to know more about the industry via this course. I'm very much into cooking/food, tattoo artistry, and dance. A few of my favorite shows include: Breaking Bad, Lost, Transparent, Veep, Arrested Development, The Office, and Top Chef.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Rachel Beresin. I'm from Cherry Hill, NJ, about fifteen minutes outside of Philadelphia. I'm a TV-R major and am thinking about declaring a minor in Politics. I absolutely love television, specifically late night talk shows such as Conan, Fallon, Kimmel, Colbert, among others. Some of my other favorite shows include Breaking Bad, SNL, Game of Thrones, Arrested Development, The Blacklist, House, Friends, and How to Get Away with Murder. I really enjoy attempting to write jokes, singing, acting, and making pasta.
ReplyDeleteHello, My name is Samuel Dickson. I'm from Montvale, NJ. My interests include reading, watching films and television shows, and I'm currently teaching myself 3D animation/modeling with Autodesk Maya. My favorite shows include Game of Thrones (the books are better, but I digress), Breaking Bad, Mr. Robot, and Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood). Personally, my dream job is to work on an animated TV show, or to work in a studio setting.
ReplyDeleteHello I'm Sean McLoughlin. I'm from Monmouth New Jersey and my interests include watching TV and movies and playing rugby. I am a TVR major and my favorite television shows include Game of Thrones, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Friends, Breaking Bad, and Fargo. After college I would like to work on films or premium network television shows such as Game of Thrones. My dream job however is to be a voice actor.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Jackie Borwick. I am from Bronxville, New York, which is just about a half-hour north of NYC. I have many interests but I am mainly interested in entertainment (specifically movies), music, fashion, writing, and reading. I just became hooked on the shows Orphan Black, Empire, and The Royals. Although I really enjoy watching T.V., I seem to love watching movies even more. Over the break, I saw Brooklyn, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Joy, and 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (which I wrote a review of for The Ithacan). I have always enjoyed being able to write, because I feel as if it is the one medium (besides spoken word) where I can articulate my thoughts and express my interests. If I had to choose a dream job, it would be to write for an online or print magazine focused on entertainment news.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Jess Acosta, and I'm from Rome, NY. I love writing, and musical theater (LIn Manuel Miranda, Jeanine Tesori, Jason Robert Brown, Sondheim, etc). Some of my favorite shows are Parks and Recreation, Firefly, Broadchurch, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, and Jessica Jones. I'm currently power-watching The X-Files. Nice to meet all of you! :)
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm David Lane and I hail from the bustling metropolis of Candor,NY! I enjoy writing short stories, listening to music or making it, basketball, and movies. Some of my favorite TV shows are Futurama, The Walking Dead, Top Gear, Sherlock, and American Horror Story. I'm in TV/R for Audio because of the wealth of opportunities in the industry and my love of music. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteHI, I'm Hannah Paquette and I'm from Tyngsboro MA. I love everything theatre, a cappella, and the awards season. I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, so brace yourselves for that. Some of my favorite TV shows, in no particular order, are Parks and Rec, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, SNL, Sherlock, Louie, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Law and Order SVU, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Bojack Horseman, Broadchurch and Orange is the New Black
ReplyDeleteHey y'all. I'm Samantha Hong. Most people just call me Sam. I grew up in Metuchen, NJ which is roughly 10-15 mins away from Rutgers University. In addition to TV, I really love music. I sing as well as play the violin, the trombone, the euphonium, and ukulele. I have also dabbled with mallets in the past. I'm not good by any means but I'd like to think I'm somewhat proficient. My typical iTunes playlist is a smorgasbord of very wide ranged genres of music - except for like screamo music. It's just not my thing. My favorite artist is Billy Joel. He's the man. And my favorite song is "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers. Aside from all that I just said, I play softball and have been playing for many many years. I currently pitch and sometimes play 1st for IC's Club Softball Team. My favorite TV shows include but are not limited to HIMYM, The Office, AHS, 30 Rock, Conan, SNL, Arrested Development, Say Yes to the Dress. Orange is the New Black, and Friends. Looking forward to this class!
ReplyDeleteHi everybody! My name is Elizabeth Esten, but you can call me Liz. I'm from West Chester, PA. It's about an hour outside of Philly for context. I'm a huge movie fan, love to write and edit videos. My favorite TV shows are Firefly, Jessica Jones, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Bojack Horseman, Master of None and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'm also a Star Wars fan.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Erin Berch and I'm from a small town outside of Baltimore, MD. I'm a Writing for Film, Television, and Emerging Media major and an Audio Production minor, but I also like studio production so I'm involved with ICTV. My interests include binge-watching everything on Netflix and reading Buzzfeed. Some of my favorite TV shows are Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, Friends, The Office, Modern Family, and I'm currently re-binging on Lost.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm Brandon Tate (most known by Tate). I am from Yonkers, NY which is around 20 minutes outside of Manhattan. I play on the football team here at Ithaca. I enjoy working out and playing basketball. During my spare time I am most likely listening to music or hanging out with friends. My favorite show to watch is Martin or The Walking Dead. I am a huge sports fan. My favorite teams consist of the Dallas Cowboys and the Brooklyn Nets. I would like to consider myself as an sneaker head, I am pretty much obsessed with sneakers.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Sam Owney. I'm from Westtown, NY, which you've probably never heard of but its about 3 hours south of Ithaca. As well as TV, I love music and movies. I couldn't pick a favorite song or movie if you asked cause there are just too many but some of my favorite TV shows include AHS, Friends, SNL, Conan, The Tonight Show, Sherlock, New Girl, HIMYM, and I'm not going to lie I'm a big reality TV fan. I'm not playing any sports here at Ithaca but I played a bunch in high school, mostly lacrosse and swimming.
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Pat McNeeley. I grew up in Easton, Massachusetts, which is about 30-45 minutes south of Boston. I love playing football for Ithaca and watching movies and television more than anything. My favorite TV shows include Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Lost, and The Office. Movies I love include The Shawshank Redemption, Back to the Future, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, A Clockwork Orange, The Dark Knight, and any movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I am a fan of all Boston sports but I do not watch sport very often.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Mihir Siddartha and I grew up in Dubai, U.A.E. I just switched to the new writing major in Park and am really looking forward to delving into this specific field of storytelling. I like playing tennis and reading, my favorite authors being Neil Gaiman and Dennis Lehane. Of course, I love movies, a few of my favorites being The Departed, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Warrior, Grand Budapest Hotel and Cool Runnings. As for TV shows, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Friends and Entourage are some of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteYo! So I am Annalise Haldeman from the amazing midwest town, Bloomington, Indiana. I am a very creative thinker. I love constantly being active. I have been dancing since before I could really walk. I am a trained competitive ballroom dancer (yes because of Dancing with the Stars). I love movies. I think movies can tell stories with much more depth and complexity than other forms of media. I can't pick favorites....its not possible. However, out of what I have seen in theaters recently, I bawled watching The Danish Girl (Eddie Redmayne is AMAZING) and The Martian was bomb. Like everyone else in the world I am obsessed with Orange is the New Black, How to Get Away with Murder, and (very few people know this show but it has stellar writing) Jane the Virgin. Seriously...Jane the Virgin...go check it out. You will not be disappointed!
ReplyDeleteHi, I’m Adelaide Giesey but everyone calls me Adi. I am originally from Glen Ridge, NJ. Currently I am an exploratory major but I hope to change it to Emerging Media by the end of the semester. Some of my favorite TV shows include House of Cards,The Walking Dead, Friends, Weeds, and basically anything written or produced by Shonda Rhimes. Other than watching TV my interests include being a swim coach, computer science, and music.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Eric Newton and I'm from Marlborough, MA. I was in the Navy for 5 years and stationed in Pearl Harbor, HI on a submarine. I joined the Navy in 2010 right out of high school and now I'm out and they pay me to go school. I am out and want to work my way into the sports side of Television, specifically NASCAR. I wanted to come to IC because of the connections in the industry and looking forward to working hard and getting into the field.
ReplyDeleteSome of my favorite shows are Modern Family, Man Seeking Woman, Brooklyn
Nine-Nine, It's Always Sunny, The Office, Master of None, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Chicago Fire, The Walking Dead, Agent Carter and Agents of Shield.
A couple of cartoons I'm really enjoying right now are Rick and Morty and Star Wars Rebels too.
Hello, my name is Matt Allchin and I'm from Rochester, New York. I was a Cinema and Photography major but I just changed to Emerging Media this last semester.My favorite TV show has to be Breaking Bad. I loved the characters and originality of it. I also really like The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Broad City, The Leftovers, Better call Saul, and Fargo. Other than watching TV I enjoy skiing and video editing.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Michael Pickhardt and I'm from New Canaan, Connecticut. I was Cinema and Photography but I just changed to the new major "Writing for Film, Television, and New Media". My favorite shows right now are The Leftovers, Fargo, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, Community, Hannibal, and Lost. Leftover's in particular has blown me away recently in terms of it's unique original storytelling and phenomenal characters and acting. It's definitely an underappreciated show. I enjoy writing during my free time, skiing when I get the chance, and I enjoy listening to music.
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Godffrey Lucas and I'm from Kingston, New York. I'm a junior here at IC and my major is TVR. Some of my favorite TV shows as of right now would be American Crime, and Narcos. Even though the Narcos just aired this August I could tell after the first episode that I was going to get hooked on this show because of all the action that takes place and that the show was based off the life of Pablo Escobar. I enjoy playing basketball and listening to music in my free time
ReplyDeleteHey, my name is Bryan Hultgren and I'm from Wallingford, CT. I'm a freshman and am a TVR major here at IC. I'm more of a movie person than TV, but still enjoy some TV shows such as The Simpsons, The Flash, Seinfeld, and The Office. Some movies I like are Ghostbusters, The Dark Knight, and Pulp Fiction. I'm a New England Sports fan for the most part, liking the Red Sox, the Patriots, and UCONN, play the violin, and love classic rock, especially Pink Floyd.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Briana Owens and I'm from Chicago, IL. I'm a TVR major but I also really like other media related things such as PR. My favorite TVR shows are Gossip Girl, Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, and Friday Night Lights. Additionally, I love going to concerts; I'm very excited to see Adele this summer! Lastly I am an avid Chicago sports fans...Go Blackhawks...Bears...Bulls and of course the Cubbies.
ReplyDeleteHey everyone, I'm Bailey Doran and I'm from Terryville, CT. I'm a TVR major with an interest in screenwriting and I am also on the IC women's Crew team. Some of my favorite shows are Parks and Rec, Orange is the New Black, Grey's Anatomy, Friends and any documentary on crime or prisons. I love comedy aka Amy and Tina are my inspirations. I'm also a shameless Harry Potter nerd.
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Jenny Gil and I am from New York City. Some of my interest include movies, music and finding the best cup of coffee around. Some my favorite shows include Game of Thrones (obviously), New Girl, Friends, and The Flash. I aspire to one day become a successful radio personality on a morning talk show some where in LA.
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is Lily Cleary and I'm from a small town about 45 minutes north of Boston. I'm a freshman and a TVR major, and am particularly passionate about quality representation throughout media for minorities. My interests mainly include Dunkin Donuts iced coffee and TV shows, mostly from the 90s and early 2000s. Some of my favorite shows include Friends, Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Parks and Rec, How I Met Your Mother, and The X Files, and my guilty pleasure is Dance Moms.
ReplyDeleteHello! My name is Isabella Gervasoni and I am sophomore Writing for Film, TV, and Emerging Media major with a minor in Theatre Studies and (hopefully) African Diaspora Studies. I grew up pin balling around the tri-state area all my life. I’ve lived in the Bronx, Manhattan, Weschester, Rhode Island, and various parts throughout central Jersey. I’m heavily into music, specifically anything neo-soul jazz (90’s hip hop era) and am a vocalist who dabbles in bass guitar. I adore television and film and am super excited by how the entertainment industry is evolving in regards to emerging media. Some of my favorite TV shows consist of Game of Thrones, old school 90s/ early 00‘s cartoons (Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, etc) Orange Is The New Black, Orphan Black, Marco Polo, American Horror Story, The Boondocks, and I’m sure there are more but that’s what has come to mind automatically, so that's gotta mean something :)
ReplyDeleteHi. My name is Brittany Word and I'm a sophomore Writing for Film, TV, and Emerging Media major. I'm looking to a minor in African Diaspora Studies and maybe Cultural Anthropology. I'm from a small town in Connecticut called New Canaan. I love listening to music, reading books, writing, and painting/drawing. Right now I'm listening to a lot of throwback 90s/ early 2000s hip hop and RnB. I've also just started to get into jazz and really love Nina Simone. I watch almost everything, but some of my favorites are Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and How to Get Away with Murder. I also love a good documentary film.
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Kris DiNardi. My major is Writing for Film, Television and Emerging Media with a minor in International Communications. I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In my free-time, I watch a lot of Asian dramas, especially Korean dramas. My favorites Korean dramas are Good Doctor, City Hunter, Gaksital, and Padam Padam. But, I also watch American shows like The Blacklist, Modern Family, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Armen. I'm from New York City, majoring in TVR (though I majored in writing my first two years). I'm really in to dance music (what many like to call EDM), though I don't listen to the typical stuff like Hardwell, Kaskade, etc. My favorite TV show would definitely be Breaking Bad even though it is no longer. It was the first show that had me fully immersed in a very long time, and revitalized my love for TV. Other than that, though, I tend to enjoy comedies such as (in no particular order) It's Always Sunny, Seinfeld, The Office, Friends, Family Guy, American Dad, and other stuff along the absurd lines of comedy. One tidbit about me is that if there's one thing I love more than dance music, it's Star Wars, so right now is a really great time for me to be alive. If you catch me cheesing I'm probably thinking about my million favorite things about The Force Awakens.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm Colin. I'm from Waltham, Massachusetts which is a small city right outside of Boston. I'm a TVR major and am very interested in learning about all aspects of television. I like everything about sports, specifically Basketball and Rugby. By far my favorite show is The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon. I believe this show has hit the sweet spot in terms of entertainment. It has everything from musical talent to impersonations while also having interesting guests on the show. While I don't watch it every night, I do almost always catch up on the show's Youtube Channel.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm Kayla Monteiro. I am currently an exploratory major. I'm originally from Tampa, Florida but lived in Budapest, Hungary this past year for my senior year of high school. I like to listen to all kinds of music, I like at least one song from every genre but my favorite genre is comedy songs, though I am not sure that is technically a genre of music. I have recently gone on a kick of coloring my hair various colors (bet it's pretty easy to find me now) and I am enjoying it. My favorite tv shows are Parks and Rec and Community. I also really enjoy comedy movies and my favorite movie of all time is Monty Python's The Holy Grail.
ReplyDeleteHey there. My name is Mike, freshman, and I am currently exploratory BUT I want to be in TV-R and it looks like it is coming to fruition. I am from Westport, CT but have been attending and working at a summer camp near Middlebury, Vermont for nine summers. I love traveling and spent a whole year off doing just that, going to Israel and backpacking through Europe from Athens, Greece to Copenhagen and many places in between. I listen to a lot of hip-hop, alternative and rock(ish) music but ultimately, I really only dislike two genres: metal and classical...two opposites. I've recently been intrigued with the idea of turning my hair a darker shade of brown than it is now...but I don't know if I will muster up the courage for that any time soon. For me, only a few shows make me laugh out loud on the couch: Parks and Rec, Scrubs and Seinfeld. I am a heavy baseball nerd and watch a lot of that as well as basketball. I am a meditator as it is a daily exercise of mine just as working out is; it helps to keep me sharp and attentive so that I can get the most out of my moments in living.
ReplyDeleteHey! My name is Melissa Dey and I’m from a small town in Central Jersey (Yes, Central Jersey is real) called Branchburg. Back home my friends know me as the girl who is always taking pictures and filming. If they couldn’t find me, there was really good chance I was editing a video of some kind. Now I’m not sure being an editor is my end goal but it was what originally gave me my love for the Television Industry. I know it sounds cheesy but I’ve always loved and been really involved with volunteer work, especially within the special needs community. I’m currently an E-board member for IC Cure for Kids, which you all should join because we would love to have you! In addition to IC Cure for Kids, I’m also a member of IC Student Volunteers for Special Olympics and of course ICTV. Fun little facts about me are that my dad (in turn my family) has had season tickets to the Giants games for over 40 years, so as you can guess I am a huge Giants fans. I only have one sibling named Daryl who is 11 years older than me. It may be strange but we are really close and I love the age gap between my brother and I.
ReplyDeleteAlso if for anyone who was a fan of the show The Fallowing I have a fun little story. So I have a friend named Annie, her uncle is one of the main writers for the show. With every show he writes he incorporates her and her sister’s names in the show. The long running joke in the family is that he always kills Annie. So if you watch the first episode the first girl that was killed was named Annie, the women Joe Carroll is trying to kill in the first episode is named Sarah (one of her sisters) and the girl Molly who stabs both Claire and Ryan in the season finale, is named after her other sister. It’s not really about me but I figured that if anyone would enjoy that story it would be my fellow TVR majors.
Hey, I'm Renee Best and I am also from a small town in Central Jersey called Bedminster. I love to ski and have been skiing since I was three years old and competitively racing for four years. I really like to explore different kinds of TV shows so it is hard for me to choose a favorite but among them right now are Game of Thrones, The Office, and my guilty pleasure is Dance Moms.
ReplyDeleteHi, I am Jennie Arruda. I am from Westport, Massachusetts, which is about an hour south of Boston and 30 minutes north of Providence. I am majoring in TVR and minoring in sports studies. I am a huge fan of the NFL, and the Baltimore Ravens are my team, despite my upbringing in Pats Nation. My favorite TV show is Friends and I love the Hunger Games trilogy (both books and movies). I like to listen to Lana Del Rey, Halsey, and the Arctic Monkeys. In my spare time I like to watch netflix, watch netflix, and um watch netflix; my roommate thinks I am addicted, but I think it's a pretty healthy pastime. I'm not sure what else to say about myself, so I'll end my introduction here.
ReplyDeleteHello! I'm Rachel Damelio and I am from West Milford, New Jersey. I just recently transferred to Ithaca this past Fall semester and I love it! I love anything that has to do with entertainment news, so that's most of the TV that I watch. I'm a huge fan of E! News. I also like finding new TV shows to watch as well, I'm a big on Netflix. Some of my favorite TV shows are Gossip Girl, Modern Family and the Middle just to name a few! I also love reality TV.
ReplyDeleteHey I'm Zack Myles. I'm from a town called Lockport that is just north of Buffalo, so this weather is nothing to me haha. Also #BillsMafia. I'm on the football team, and I love film, TV Shows, and music. My top 3 favorite movies would have to be Pulp Fiction, The Empire Strikes Back, and Interstellar with many many many more that I absolutely love
ReplyDeleteMy name is Maddie Mathers. I am from a small farm town called Cambridge. I usually just tell people i live in Saratoga, NY because people know the name. I recently changed my major to TV/R so this is all new to me but I am excited to get going. My favorite tv shows include Say yes to the dress, The Voice, and thats about it. I don't have time to read books for fun. I listen to all different types of music.. from hip hop, to country, to alternative. I like to ski and play my guitar. Anndddd thats about it.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm Brian Bayer and I'm from Bethesda Maryland (right outside DC). I'm a writing BFA major and an English minor, and I play club hockey here at Ithaca. Some of my favorite movies are Boogie Nights, In Bruges, The Social Network, and Goodfellas, just to name a few. Favorite band of all time is The Strokes, no question. I listen to Tame Impala, The Shins, and basically anything except for country or rap. Some rap's okay. Kendrick and G.Z.A. But I'm not too big a fan. Also: Entourage is the GOAT.
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is Taylor Abdou and I'm from Syracuse, NY. I'm a TVR major and a marketing minor. My interests include music, television, hanging out with friends, and dance. I also love everything about the entertainment industry. I enjoy keeping up with all the celebrity news and gossip. A couple of my favorite tv shows include gossip girl and grey's anatomy.
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is Jillian Gothelf and I am from Long Island, NY. I am a TV-R major with a minor in spanish. My interests would include hanging out with friends, listening to music, watching makeup tutorials on youtube, and coloring in my adult therapy coloring books. I love watching the most non-educational Tv shows which would include The Bachelor, Are You the One, Teen Mom, Billy on the street, my Fat Fabulous life and Born this Way. However, I also love Shark Tank and Botched. I hope to become a morning radio show host after graduating :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Alex Dwyer and I am a celeb junkie originally from London, England and now I hail from the suburbs of Pennsylvania. I am OBSESSED with Carrie Underwood and in general just love the entertainment industry and (most of) the people in it. My favorite shows include, but are not limited to, Friends, Beverly Hills 90210 (the original not the remake!!), One Tree Hill, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Parks and Rec and Twin Peaks. Television is definitely my favorite aspect of the mass media industry, but I also love listening to radio shows such as EW on Sirius XM and the country station, as I love country music! Also, I live for Dance Moms but have never stooped to Kardashian levels of reality show enjoyment.
ReplyDeleteHey everyone! I'm Hannah and I'm a TVR major from Western Massachusetts. A few of my favorite activities include finding new Twitter parody accounts (latest recommendation: @dadjokehansolo), eating as many variations of chocolate-covered pretzels as humanly possible, and incorporating quotes from Parks and Rec into everyday conversations. I aspire to be the type of person that Leslie Knope would be proud of. According to Netflix, I enjoy watching Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Office, Freaks and Geeks, Luther, Louie, and a wide array of Food Network programs. If you ever want to talk about Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul backstory and fan theories, I would be thrilled to discuss those as well.
ReplyDeleteHi My Name is Nicki Hymowitz and I'm a TVR major from Rockland County, New York. A few things I'm passionate about are television, independent film, knitting, cooking, and music. I'm also a proud fan and very knowledgeable about my favorite women in hollywood Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig, and Amy Schumer. Its hard to pick just a few television shows because I pretty much watch everything but a few of my favorites are shark tank, snl, orange is the new black, Inside Amy Schumer, and Food Network. I hope to be able to produce my own television show one day but I'm definitely opened to exploring the different opportunities that the entertainment world has to offer.
ReplyDeleteHello my name is Joe Gutberlet and I am from Rochester, New York. Some of my interests include music, more specifically singing, soccer (Go Liverpool!), and binge watching shows on Netflix! My favorite TV show of all time is That 70s Show, I love its humor while expressing the difficulties of growing up and the historical and musical references it makes, for example, the Alfred Hitchcock Halloween episode, Kelso explaining Pavlov's classical conditioning, and Jimi Hendrix songs as episode titles. I also love the overall feeling that it brings, the way it allows for the viewer to really connect with the characters, and, of course, Michael Kelso (Ashton Kutcher). Some of my other favorite shows include Dexter (which I am currently watching), Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Mad Men, House of Cards, Cutthroat Kitchen, and the one season of Alcatraz. I have no idea what I want to do with my life, all I truly know is that I want to do something that I love and I want people to feel as passionate and connected to my work as I do. I look forward to the semester.
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Alice Fraioli. I'm from West Hartford CT and my major is the new BFA in writing for screen, tv, and emerging media. I'm really interested in writing, obviously, but I also enjoy costume and makeup design (although I'm not very good at either). I'm part of the swing dance club here on campus and I'm minoring in theatre studies so I'm involved in some of the shows going on in Dillingham. I love too many TV shows to name them all but I'm currently watching Mr. Robot and most of the Marvel and DC shows. My guilty pleasure shows are currently the 100 and the Shannara Chronicles (which I have mixed feeling about since the original book series is one of my favorite things of all time).
ReplyDeleteHello, I'm Brody Armstrong. I'm from Sitka, AK and I'm a writing for film major. I like all kinds of crazy, wacky and interesting things such as movies, tv and music (who could've guessed?). I'm an independent music enthusiast, which sounds really lame in text (also in practice), but I enjoy listening to new music and studying Kendrick Lamar's music religiously. I review music as well, you can find me in the MoC section of Buzzsaw under my pseudonym Brody Armstrong, which is also my actual name. As for media I'm into, I mostly watch comedy shows like The Eric Andre Show, Louie, Master of None, 30 Rock, Seinfeld and Home Movies. An interesting tidbit about me is that one day I'll be dead.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Morgan Gjoen (pronounced like Joe-in). I'm from about 2 hours outside of Chicago in a small armpit of a town called Rockton and I'm in the B.F.A program, Writing for Film and TV. I love TV and Film (obviously), especially shows such as Gilmore Girls, Arrow, The 100, The Office, and The Mindy Project. I'm a sucker for all the Marvel and DC shows and the Marvel movies. I am also super into art and music: I paint/draw frequently and love both listening to and playing music (clarinet, guitar, and some piano). Also really interesting and invested in politics and excited about this year and everything happening!
ReplyDeleteHello there! I'm Stephen Latham from Middletown, New Jersey(15 minutes away from the beach; one hour away from New York City). I'm a sophomore TV-R major after switching from Politics last semester. My favorite shows off the top of my head are Homeland, House of Cards, Modern Family, Property Brothers(still waiting for the call to become the fourth one), CBS Sunday Morning, Two Broke Girls and The Office. I like to think of myself as 50 years old on the inside and 20 on the outside.
ReplyDeleteHowdy, I'm Aden Nasarat, an Emerging Media Freshman from Westchester New York, about 25 minutes north of NYC. I originally wanted to be a reporter, but I've discovered that I hate journalism, and instead, want to make video essays in my spare time. I love exploring film and television and politics, so hopefully, I can write/talk about those when I begin making them. I'm a big game of thrones nerd (read all the books) and lotr too.
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Jess Rocchino, and I’m a TVR major from Allentown, PA. Last semester I worked on two ICTV shows, and I may or may not continue with that. I’m more involved with the multimedia section of The Ithacan. I currently hope to work in post-production as a career, and am trying to get as much experience with that as I can. I almost never watch television, but I am a fan of Broad City, Orange Is The New Black, and Law and Order: SVU.
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Yasmeen Mughal and I am a sophomore in the Writing for Film, TV, and Emerging Media BFA. I am originally from Washington, DC. I just finished re-watching 30 Rock for the 1000th time in my life. It still holds up. I'm making my way through Jane the Virgin, How to Get Away with Murder, and Steven Universe. I wrote and am the producer for "Office Hours," ICTV's only scripted production for the spring and I am the producer of the 2016 David Ames grant winner. I still don't know if I would ever want to be a producer. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteHi, I’m Andrew Martin and I’m from northern/central NJ. I can’t say I have a favorite TV show, but my top five TV shows are pretty typical (House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, Game of Thrones, and Curb Your Enthusiasm). I don’t follow too many sports, which is weird because I played basketball, lacrosse, and soccer in high school. The only times I consider myself a sports fan is when watching the World Cup, March Madness, or any other big tournament.
ReplyDeleteHey, my name is Ted Economo and I am from Revere, Massachusetts. My top 2 favorite Tv shows are That 70's show and the Simpsons. I am a fan of all Boston sports, I have been in a few car accidents, I work in a pizza restaurant and I play a lot of video games (my favorite has to be Call of Duty Zombies). My favorite movies are Nightmare on Elm Street, Silence of the Lambs and Pirates of the Carribean, I love the acting in all three of those films.
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Ellis Boyd from Hingham, Mass. Some of my favorite current TV shows are Comedy Bang Bang, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, and Game of Thrones. I also watch a lot of basketball and am a big Celtics fan. I like listening and playing (guitar/bass) music and watching movies a lot. I don't really know what I would like to do in the industry but its a work in progress.
ReplyDelete